What you can do before a shoot to get the types of images you want
1. Decide what types of images you need for your blog, for example:
- Do you need more horizontal images for your header images on your blog, Facebook cover page, etc.?
- Do you need images that have lots of space on the right, left or center so you can add text to promote a blog post, giveaway, share a quote, etc.?
- Once you know what types of images you need, let your photographer know so you can make sure you take the right photos during your shoot — especially if you only have a limited amount of time with them.
2. Look towards the empty space in the photo
3. Decide if you’ll need any “stock” type images
Ways you can use your images after the shoot to their fullest potential
4. Include easily shareable images
5. Add calls to action on your image
6. If you’re using WordPress, add a featured image
7. Create Facebook or Twitter cover images
8. Include “alt text” in your images
9. If you’re creating a how-to post or list of resources
10. Add your image(s) to Pinterest
A few tools to add text to your images
How gorgeous is Taylor Madison of The Simple Sol?!
Get my free Photography for Fashion Bloggers Starter Kit
Get my 7-step checklist for taking your own outfit photos, learn which mistakes to avoid when shooting and find out which tools you'll need to create gorgeous blog photos like a pro!